Have BMW 2001 e46 330xi to reset the oil service using Foxwell NT510 Elite the Foxwell asks me to do the reset without test or with test but i don’t know which is the difference and I cannot find it in the manual. what is the difference between with and without tests?
Foxwelltool.com engineer advice:
You didn’t find out oil service reset function of Foxwell NT510 Elite, maybe you need to manual reset the oil, please try any of the following 2 methods.
- Turn the key switch ON or when start engine. The instrument panel will display OIL Service or INSPECTION and left distance for several seconds.
- If Service or INSPECTION are lit all the time and the left distance is next to 0? it indicates that it needs oil service reset.
- Press RESET button in the left of instrument panel.
- Turn key ON and to ACC position.
- Waiting for the instrument displays OIL Service or INSPECTION is flashed.
- Release RESET button, then press five seconds, the screen will display RESR or RE is flashed.
- Release RESET button again and press again till the screen displays 25000km.
Method 2.Manual Reset:
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press and hold the TRIP ODOMETER button in the instrument cluster and turn the ignition to Accessory(1)
- Keep the button pressed for approximately 5 more seconds until OIL SERVICE RESET (RE) or INSPECTION RESET (RE) appears in the display. Then release the button.
- Press and hold the button again for approx. 5 seconds until RE or RESET flashes in the display. Then release the button.
- With the display flashing, press the button briefly to reset and display the new Service Interval. After this, END SIA appears in the display for approximately 2 seconds.