When I was asked how to buy software for Foxwell NT510 scanner? I think it’s necessary to write a step-by-step procedure.
(If you are very familiar with Foxwell NT510 scanner, please neglect this paragraph) As known, Foxwell NT510 scanner is a low-cost handheld scan tool that delivers OE-level diagnosis on all the electronic systems for a single car manufacturer. Foxwell NT510 include basic functions such as read/erase code, live date, also it’s capable of advanced functions such as actuation, adaptation coding and programming- ideal for specialist, garages and car enthusiasts. The workable makes are: AU FORD, BMW, Chrysler, Fiat, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Holden, Land Rover, OPEL, Toyota and VAG and more.
Step-by-step procedure to buy additional software for Foxwell NT510 scanner:
The scanner is shipped with one manufacture software for free and can cover up to five vehicle makes. More software can be added anytime at $70 (with include update fee and PayPal fee).
To update your scanner, please follow the three steps as below:
Step1: Obtain an FOXWELL ID.
Step2: Register the product with the product serial number and product password.
Step3: Update the product by the update application FoxScanner.
For step 1 and 2, please refer to Foxscanner update guide:
Update the Scanner
To update scanner, you need the following tools:
- The scan tool
- PC application FoxScanner
- PC or laptop with USB ports and Internet explorer
- Internet service
- TF card reader
To be able to use update tool, PC or laptop must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Operation System: Win98/NT, Win ME, Win2000, Win XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- CPU: Intel PⅢ or better
- RAM: 64MB or better
- Hard Disk Space: 30MB or better
- Display: 800*600 pixel, 16 byte true color display or better
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer
Before updating, please make sure your network works correctly.
Before updating, please make sure you have already created a Foxwell ID
To update your scanner:
- There are two ways to download the update PC application.
- Visit our site www.foxwelltech.com and go the Product page. Find your product model and click it to view the product
profile. Select Download tab to download the PC application file.
For more details, please refer to page 8 “3 Update the Scanner” at: